Transportation to and from the Blue Door
We regularly receive questions on getting to the Blue Door (parking availability and access from Penn Train station and local airports). We hope this information will be helpful in selecting an option best suited for your needs. In addition to our helpful hints we can assit you in booking Private Car Service for the almost the same cost of a Taxi for for Door-to-Door service. Check it out when booking your reservation on-line or call us directly for more details.
If you may be driving -
- Our normal parking situation is accommodated utilizing ample neighborhood street parking. Street Parking is always free and unrestricted (other than route emergencies and accommodating city services on Tuesday mornings).
- We do have some off-street parking to accommodate late night arrivals and limited parking situations. Our off-street parking can be reserved for a one-time fee for your stay - subject to availability.
- Please refer to our DIRECTIONS page for mapping your travel to our location.
- We do appreciate that you tell us of your driving plans upon making your reservation to make parking worries minimal.
Arrivals via Train / Bus-
- Arrivals to Baltimore via AMTRAK, MTA Train or by BOLT Bus will put you at Penn Station. The most direct route to us is by Taxi. A Taxi stand is located at the front of the station. Fares are generally $12 - $14 to the Blue Door.
- Penn Station Arrivals can also be served by the Charm City Circulator (Free Bus Service). Some transfers will be required to reach the Blue Door. Start with the Purple Line just outside the terminal, then to the Orange Line in Center city, and finally the Green Line in Harbor East to stop (#104). Walk walk up Broadway and right on Baltimore Street (8 block walk). While a free routing, travelers with multiple bags or limited time may find this route not their best choice. Click here for maps of the system.
- Arrivals at other Bus Terminals are also accommodated by Taxis. The most costly being the Mega Bus that drops passengers at White Marsh. This location is outside of Baltimore City and is often best accommodated with a car service or a Baltimore County Taxi.
- Please feel free to call us for guidance with your arrival time or travel needs if you may need additional assistance.
"2013 Baltimore Tourism Offer" - 30% off AMTRAK Companion tickte Discounts
* If you are up in the air about possibly driving to Baltimore --- "Hang up your car keys" and come to Baltimore by train. We are walking distance to all Inner Harbor locations, the water taxi, and the free Baltimore Circulator Bus is nearby to get you about town. For travel completed in the calendar year of 2013 our Visit Baltimore travel bureau is offering special companion fare rates on AMTRAK. Book your room reservation and follow this link for purchasing tickets with 30% off companion fare discounts.
- Trips to/from BWI airport are fairly straight forward 30 -40 minutes via Taxi service.
- Trips from Washington D.C. will be more in the range of 1.5 hours.
- Cab fare from BWI airport is approximately $40. The service from the airport is contracted from only one company so that the same rate is applied to everyone.
- To BWI airport we have a flat fee of $35 with Baltimore City Taxi companies. These can be scheduled the night before a departure for your convenience.
- Another option is the Airport Super Shuttle. This option is a multi-drop off service and does represent a more affordable rate as compared with round tip taxi service. Discounted service is available to our guests. You can either call 800-258-3826 or visit their website use code (Y7GB9).
- There is a light rail service from the BWI Airport to the city as well. It is an economical method to reach Baltimore City and the Blue Door. If you prefer taking direct routes to your destination this option may not be for you. The route will let you off at the Camden Yards amd Convention Center stations and you can take a taxi from there to the Blue Door. Total trip will around $25 but the timing is longer in duration due to train scheduling- about every ½ hour and switch to a cab. Using the Charm City Cirulator (Free Bus Service) from the Convention center may also be an option for you if you are traveling light (Orange Line in Center city, and then the Green Line in Harbor East to stop (#104). Walk walk up Broadway and right on Baltimore Street (8 block walk).
- Many of our guests prefer walking to many of the great sights nearby the Blue Door. We are located in close walking distance to Johns Hopkins Main Medical Campus, Fells Point, and the Inner Harbor. Check our Distance Page for more details to local highlights.
- Taxis are easily secured with a telephone call and can be pre-arranged 12 hours in advance of your required time. Most locations in the city are reached with a cab fare of $15 or less.
- There are two choices for bus service. There is a free bus service known as the "Charm City Circulator" providing access to the Downtown and Inner Harbor areas. We are located near the GREEN LINE. The stop (# 104) is about 8 blocks away at the corner of Gough Street and Broadway. Click here for maps of the system.
- MTA Bus Service. Use bus route 10 to downtown and route 07 to get back to us - using Pratt and Lombard streets as few steps away. Also route 30 along Fayette Street near Johns Hopkins Hospital will get close to mant center city activities. A day pass can be quite cost effective.
- For a fun day of travel to all the harbor locations try the Water Taxi system. You see Baltimore from a different vantage point, just an 8 block from our doors to the Fells Point terminal. You can purchase an all day pass an get on and off as many times as you wish.